If you’ve been following my N.O.W. ideas this year, you’re probably already toting reusable bags, a water bottle, a coffee mug, a cloth napkin, and utensils around in your car. Why not add a few more essentials and be ready for zero waste anytime, anywhere?!
My collection is indeed extensive, but I’m not carrying it on me; I just grab what I need from a crate in my trunk…
My Good2Go Kit includes:
- water bottle
- (another) water bottle for smoothies
- glass straw
- jars for kids’ smoothies (glass jam jars with Cuppow lids)
- coffee mug
- cloth bread bag
- 10-inch cake pan for bagels, burritos, muffins, etc.
- steel pints for liquids like beer or soup (when only disposable cups are available)
- bamboo utensils and chopsticks for takeout (or sit-down) meals
- cloth napkins for wiping up
- jar with tare label in case we stop for a bulk snack
- jar or snap-lid container for leftovers or takeout that needs to be covered
- reusable bag for whatever
- cloth produce bag
- sandwich wrap (or Bee’s Wrap) for baked goods
- stainless steel plates or bowls for serving kids
- vinegar wipes (which I always carry in my purse)
The key to success is washing used items right away and putting them back where they belong!